Address: 63 Fifth Street, Newtongrange, Dalkeith, Midlothian, EH22 4PL
Mobile: 07594 1...
Hi, my name's Sarah. I am a City & Guilds, Level 3 Diploma Qualified Dog Groomer.
I am delighted to be practising in an industry I love, offering a professional, caring, dog grooming service.
- I am based at home working from a custom designed cabin fitted with top of the range equipment.
- Minimising stress and offering one to one attention is a priority.
- My appointment system strives to ensure your dog will be the only one on the premises during their treatment and they will have access to the fully enclosed, dog friendly garden.
I have had a lifelong passion for dogs, and wide experience handling and treating varying temperaments and breeds. I have voluntary and paid experience working for various charitable dog rescue centres as well as overseeing care and treatment in a specialist dog behavioural centre within the SSPCA. I also spent time volunteering in Africa with outreach projects and educating on dog welfare.
I left a career within Police Scotland to follow my passion and my heart. I trained to City & Guilds Diploma Level 3 with an internationally recognised trainer who has the highest achievable dog grooming qualification - The LCGI (Licentiateship Award).
The following treatments are included in a Full Groom:
- Health Check - eyes, ears, mouth, coat, hygiene areas and condition of skin. I am trained in recognising parasites.
- Bathing - I use specially selected products taking into consideration dogs' requirements, including products for irritated or sensitive skin, odour eliminating and insecticidal treatments.
- Clipping - removing excess hair to give the required shape and style for the particular breed. Clipping can also be used as a pain free method to remove matted hair.
- De-Matting - targeted and general
- Styling - to the breed standard or owners' specification.
- Nail Trimming
- Paw Trimming, including pads
- Ear Cleansing
- Treatment of tear stained areas with specialised products
- Option of free spritz of fragrance
- Hand Stripping - specialised technique used to thin, style and shape the coats of wired haired dogs or silky haired gundogs.
- Bath and Tidy - for in between grooms.
- Soothing Balm Treatment - for dry or cracked noses and paws.
- Puppy Desensitisation Sessions
Prices available on request (dependent on dogs' size, condition of coat and behaviour whilst in the salon)
Pawsitive Dog Grooming Services is fully insured and trained in canine first aid.